Blog it!

Share your thoughts! This blog is intended to give you the opportunity to share not only your opinions
on sports-related matters, but also to comment on what classmates have to say.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

3 TV Anchors

I remember laughing when I read other classmates' reactions after the three television anchors came to speak with our class. And they're right. Wow, what a depressing session for anyone wanting to go into television.

I think there is something to be said for Bruce Haertl's, Jim Kobbe's and Chris Frye's honesty, but man, they did a heck of a job squashing anybody's hopes of going into television. Haertl and Kobbe sounded like depressed old generation workers that almost hate their job to a certain extent. Frye was the up-and-comer, but complained of the amount of hours you have to put in.

After listening to those three speak, I'm glad I'm not wanting to go into television, I'll say that. I agree with them, however, when they said if you love sports and love what you do, then go for it. But they did a pretty nice job of making everyone re-think their stance on their future.

Besides that, it was by far the most entertaining visit of the semester. Speaking with Lutz got interesting at times, but listening to Haertl and Kobbe talk is always a fun experience. They both crack me up at times with certain things they do, but you have to respect them and all the hard work they've put in over the years.

But after speaking with the three of them, let's all pray for Chris Frye. Because it sounds like he's going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment