Blog it!

Share your thoughts! This blog is intended to give you the opportunity to share not only your opinions
on sports-related matters, but also to comment on what classmates have to say.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

NBA Playoff Basketball

I love NBA playoff basketball. I know that I am in the minority, but I just find this time of the year fascinating to watch. The rest of my friends...eh, not so much.

I always joke that I will wake them up for the last five minutes of the game because that is the only part of the game worth watching. I joke, but it really is true.

The first 43 minutes of a NBA playoff game are usually meaningless. Now when I say meaningless, I mean the teams are building up to peak at the end, so they are not exerting as much energy on offense, defense until the last five minutes of the game.

Certainly, a team can make a run and establish a comfortable lead in the first three quarters. But I can almost guarantee you the losing team will make a run at the lead and eventually bring it within a possession, tie or even take the lead. It's just a fact.

I enjoy watching the progress of the game and how each player is playing that night. I don't have a favorite NBA team, but for some reason I have watch nearly every game of every series religiously. I just have. Deal with it.

I know many people won't watch for the first 45 minutes of the game, so I'll be there when you tune in the last few minutes to tell you what you missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment