Blog it!

Share your thoughts! This blog is intended to give you the opportunity to share not only your opinions
on sports-related matters, but also to comment on what classmates have to say.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Bobby Lutz is just trying to pay the bills like everyone else

I rarely agree with Wichita Eagle sports columnist Bob Lutz. And when I say rarely, I mean never.


What he enjoys in the world of sports, I do not, and pretty much vice-versa.


Even though I disagree with most of what he writes I would never threaten the guy or post obnoxious, hateful comments to his stories online. Which is more than I can say for most.


Want a specific example?


Go to any online version of a column Lutz has ever written and scroll down to the comments. I guarantee there will be a bevy of downright hateful comment. Most will probably be personal attacks to Lutz himself and have nothing to do with the commentary.


After having Lutz in class this semester, it’s easy to see he doesn’t lose sleep over all the electronic hate mail. As a matter of fact, he doesn’t even read it.


Lutz has a wonderful job, at least for someone who loves sports. He knows he landed a pretty special gig. But no job deserves that type of harassment.


Lutz is no different than you and I. He has to pay bills and work for a living just like everyone else. Give the man a break. He’s just trying to make a living the best way he knows how.


If you disagree with some he says, which believe me is definitely possible, comment on his column in an honest and respectful way. You don’t have to personally attack the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment