Blog it!

Share your thoughts! This blog is intended to give you the opportunity to share not only your opinions
on sports-related matters, but also to comment on what classmates have to say.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Amazing soccer goal

I just watched a YouTube video of one of the most amazing soccer goals I have ever seen. In the Mexican Premier League, a goal was scored on a free-kick from 45 yards away! I played soccer for 15 years and I have never seen that happen before.

You might ask how could the goalkeeper let this happen? It was such a long shot! I was a goalkeeper when I played and I would have never expected someone to take a shot from a free kick that far away. I would have been just as helpless as he was.

The kicker of the whole deal was it the game winning goal with ten minutes left. How embarrassing for that team to lose a game in that fashion. If that doesn't give you a reason to watch the World Cup this summer, then you really need to watch this. Give soccer a chance, you'll see things you've never seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment