Blog it!

Share your thoughts! This blog is intended to give you the opportunity to share not only your opinions
on sports-related matters, but also to comment on what classmates have to say.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

ESPN's 30 For 30

I've always loved the E-Ticket, a semi-regular feature-length story on ESPN.com. I just love reading good feature stories. I love reading them, I love writing them and I am fascinated in how other people go about writing them.

So I was pretty excited to hear that ESPN was starting a documentary series called 30 For 30. I don't know if any of you have ever seen them, or any one yet, but they are amazing. I can't get enough of them, all of them. And I think there are like 15 of them out right now.

I just watched the one called Run Ricky Run over Ricky Williams and his life story. If you haven't seen this, YouTube it and watch all six parts of it because it is one of the best things I have ever seen. It was so interesting to see the life path of Ricky while everything (weed, leaving the NFL) was going on.

The director had access to everyone in Ricky's life and took full advantage. The interviews made you feel like you were part of the story. They made you care about the outcome of Ricky Williams and I bet after watching, you will be a Ricky fan.

It is a truly inspiring series and is a great example of superb sports journalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment